Please follow these steps carefully before your surgery so your procedure goes as smoothly as possible. Let your surgeon know if you’re experiencing any of the following:
- If you have any changes in your health (elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea).
- If you suspect that you are pregnant.
- If you have a latex allergy, diabetes, heart condition, sleep apnea, kidney or liver failure.
- If you are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
After Midnight the Day of Your Surgery
- Do not eat or drink anything (including water, gum, mints, hard candy) unless instructed differently by the anesthesia staff
- Refrain from smoking
- Children under two years old may have specific instructions about eating and drinking
Please Call Us
If we have not reached you two days prior to surgery to review your medical history, pre-operative instructions, and financial arrangements, please call the preadmission nurse. If you have any other questions about getting ready for your procedure, please feel free to contact us.